Futsal is like life- it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
Kick off time is drawing near.. Its time to let out a big cheer..!! Participate in our event for a whole lot of fun. The countdown for the game has just begun.
- Duration: Futsal matches comprise two periods each lasting 20 minutes of actual playing time. The clock is stopped every time the ball goes out of play and is restarted when play resumes.
- Time outs: Teams are entitled to a one-minute time-out in each period. A team that does not request a time-out in the ﬁrst half of the match is only entitled to one time-out during the second half. There are no time-outs in extra time.
- Team Size & Substitutions: A match is played between two teams, each consisting of ﬁve players (including a goalkeeper) on field and maximum five substitutes. There is no restriction on the number of substitutions that may be made during a match. Substitutions may be made at times when the ball is not in play, with the consent of the referee.
- Replacement of sent-off players: A substitute player may replace a sent-off player(after getting a Red Card) and enter the pitch five full minutes after the sending-off. They may, however, enter the pitch before the five minutes have elapsed if their team concede a goal while a player down.
- Offside rule: Unlike 11-a-side football, goals may not be scored directly from the kick-off in futsal and there is no offside.
- Corners: Corners are applicable as per the full field football rules.
- Penalties: There would be an open goal penalty system. The team taking the penalty shall take the shot from their own penalty box into an open opposition goal.
- Throw-ins: There would be no throw ins; in case the ball goes out of play the game shall resume with a kick from the point where the ball went out of play.
- Ground size: Length: minimum 25 m / maximum 42 m; Width: minimum 15 m / maximum 25 m
- Extra time: There will not be any extra time in case of a draw. In such case penalty shoot out would decide the end result. For penalty rules, rule no 7 will be applied.
- Number of teams: There can be a maximum of two teams per college.
- Schedule: Schedule shall be finalized depending upon the total no. of teams participating.
- Register your team with your college SPOC by 25th Jan, 2017.
- All the team members must be from one college.
- All the participants are expected to follow the institute rules and guidelines. Any kind of indiscipline may lead to disqualification and may be dealt strictly by the college authority.
- Any changes in rules will be communicated in advance. Organizers can decide any changes in the rules and their decision will be final and binding.
- The decision of Judges/Event Administrators will be final and binding.