You miss 100% of the shots you never take!!
Remember Pappa coming to life after playing a masterly shot in Munnabhai? Probably that was Pappa’s vehemence for this amazing game. Do you also carry the same passion and feel you can pocket, carom mens nimbly in this ‘strike & pocket’ table game? Then roll up your sleeves for the ‘Battle of coins’ in XLerate 2017.
- The squad will consist of a minimum of 2 players and a maximum of 3 players
- A Carrom match will comprise of 3 games: 2 Singles, 1 Doubles
- Each game will be of 8 boards (with a race to 25 Points).
- If any of the team reaches 25 points before completion of 8 boards, they will be declared as winners of that game. Else at the end of 8 boards, the team with more points will be declared as the winner.
- No player can play 2 singles but can play 1 singles and 1 doubles.
- Therefore, a minimum of 2 players have to participate in a match.
- However, there are no constraints on number of boys or girls in the team.
- A maximum of 3 players will be allowed to participate in a match.
- The team winning 2 games will be declared as the winner of the match.
- Each Match will be a considered a Knockout, and only the winning team advances to the next round.
- ‘Dead rubbers’ will not be played in the interests of paucity of time to organize remaining events in the meet.
- The order of games and players proposed to play particular games will have to be pre-decided and submitted to the organizing committee before the beginning of the match and cannot be changed thereafter.
- The queen will carry 3 points and all other coins will carry 1 point.
- All the fingers including thumb can be used to play both above and under the line. However, change of playing hand will not be allowed.
- In case of an injury or incapacity to play occurs during a game, no replacement will be allowed, and if the player refuses to play (retires hurt), the game will be deemed won by the opponent. Also the player will be counted as having played that game.
- All other rules as per The All India Carrom Federation rules will be followed: http://www.indiancarrom.org/demo/laws-of-carrom.htm
- Spectator Protocol: Spectators may please be seated through the event and not approach the Carrom table at any time during play.
- Register your team with your college SPOC by 25th Jan, 2017.
- All the team members must be from one college.
- All the participants are expected to follow the institute rules and guidelines. Any kind of indiscipline may lead to disqualification and may be dealt strictly by the college authority.
- Any changes in rules will be communicated in advance. Organizers can decide any changes in the rules and their decision will be final and binding.
- The decision of Judges/Event Administrators will be final and binding.